Welcome, Roanoke Rapids High School Alumni!
Since its inception, the Roanoke Rapids High School Alumni and Friends Association has funded more than $200,000 in repairs and improvements to the now 100 year old RRHS Senior Building.
In 1988 the building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places and was recently named one of the most beautiful high school buildings in America by Architectural Digest.
The mission of the RRHS Alumni and Friends Association is to provide funding for the preservation and restoration of this architectural gem. This mission can only be accomplished with financial support.
Help preserve this great facility for the benefit of future generations of students.
- Refinished all floors in senior building
- Overhauled concrete lettering on building facade
- Painted the inside of stairwells
- Refurbished historic lions
- Purchased new curtains for auditorium stage
- Installed irrigation system, facilitated tree removal, and resodding of front yard
- Refurbished bay windows
- Upgrade vegetation and landscaping in Joyce Crane Memorial area
- Facilitated granite bench project around campus
- Refurbished wooden front doors
- Hosted three "all class" reunions
- Erected of historic sign on front lawn
- Established RRHS Alumni Artifact room
- William P. Branch Building naming and dedication
- Installed professional uplighting on front of the senior building
- Upgrade the sound system at Historic Hoyle Field.
- Continue to fund any needs to maintain the historical integrity of the facility.
- Possible upgrade of lighting and sound in auditorium.
- Wrought iron railing repair